How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Norm S. Your Own Question
Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 11252
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr. Norm S. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm 50 years old and in reasonably good health. I'm trying

Customer Question

I'm 50 years old and in reasonably good health. I'm trying to determine if I have a yeast infection. I have an occasional white, clumpy discharge (no odor) and an occasional burning but it's not constant or severe, just bothersome. I also have mild back pain, occasional pelvic discomfort and some indigestion. None of the symptoms are constant or severe except for one day of the back pain which is on my left side predominantly.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.

A white clumpy discharge is generally nothing that needs treatment.

If you have itching, then you might have a yeast infection. Yeast infections come and go. They only need treatment if they are bothersome.

The best way to know if you have a yeast infection is to see a doctor for testing.

A yeast infection doesn't cause back pain or pelvic discomfort or indigestion.