OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

Need some help are you online? Can I take cerelle as the

Customer Question
Hi need some help are...
Hi need some help are you online? Can I take cerelle as the morning after pill, two under 6 hours from the incident al
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
10/24/2015
OB GYN Doctor: Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar

Cerelle contains 75 microgram of progesterone. For a progesterone to have emergency contraceptive effect , it will need to have 1.5 milligram of progesterone - which means 1500 microgram. So that means you will need to take 20 Cerelle, not 2.

An average birth control pill , ( not the cerelle, which is a minipill) contains about .5 mg of progesterone, so taking 3 tablets are enough.

Dr. C.
Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified