OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I have finished the dose of the ciprofolaxin nd finidazole

Customer Question
Hello dr, i have finished...
Hello dr, i have finished the dose of the ciprofolaxin nd finidazole for a week now and i noticed am having creamy discharge and itching again, dont knw why the drugs didnt work
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
10/21/2015
OB GYN Doctor: khagihara, OB/GYN (Doctor) replied 2 years ago
khagihara
khagihara, OB/GYN (Doctor)

Did your doctor look at the discharge under the microscope?

No he didnt, i recently had a miscarriage

Very itchy? Frothy discharge? What color is it? Is the vagina swollen red? Is it cottage cheese like?

Itchy but not very itchy,Its creamy and cottage cheese like and no the vagina is not swollen

It seems to be yeast infection because it is like cottage cheese. There are several kinds of yeast. Finidazole may not work for your yeast infection. You should go to a good hospital so that the doctor looks at the discharge under the microscope and cultures it.

Ok, so would i have to take any medication gven with my spouse??? If its yeast infection what kind of drugs would i gve prescribed??

If it is different kind of yeast infection, boric acid vaginal suppository could work. But she should have the discharge cultured just in case.

What if its the normal kind of yeast infection??

finidazole should work.

Ok thanks alot

You are welcome. Take care.

Dr. C.
Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified