OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

Need to ask about "Garden of Life" brand supplement called

Customer Question
"Grow Bone". It's for Osteoporosis...
Need to ask about "Garden of Life" brand supplement called "Grow Bone". It's for Osteoporosis and I have been taking it for 4 months because I have Osteo, I am 63 female and I don't want to take meds. Could you please look it up and tell me what you think about taking Strontium Citrate. I now read maybe it's not good for me. I do trust the Garden of Life brand because they say organic and plant Calcium plus raw. Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
10/21/2015
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 2 years ago
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD

I looked at the supplement. Raw and organic does not necessarily mean better This supplement cannot "grow bone". Calcium helps in women who have deficient diets. Vit d is of benefit if you are low. The rest is a waste of money. Better to improve your diet

What did you think about Strontium Citrate

I feel like I eat well, do not drink or smoke and walk, so what else besides meds, which I won't take, do I do?

Doesn't work. Osteoporosis is largely genetically based. Little we do can alter that. If you are diagnosed with osteoporosis you need to consider medication. Supplements really will not treat it.

ok thanks

Sure. Please consider positive rating

Dr. C.
Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified