OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I have a situation. I just found out last night that a girl

Customer Question
Good morning. I have a...
Good morning. I have a situation. I just found out last night that a girl I was going out with had contracted Chlamydia from her ex boyfriend in May. Her and I engaged in oral sex on July 21st. I performed Cunilingus on her and she preformed falatio on my. I made an appointment to get tested tomorrow. Could you tell me how high of a chance there is the text will be positive since we did not engage in sexual intercourse?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
10/20/2015
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN replied 2 years ago
Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN

There is a fairly good chance that you will have chlamydia in your throat. There are usually no symptoms of chlamydia throat infection. Be sure to ask for throat as well as genital testing for chlamydia.

If you've had sex with other women and have had both oral and vaginal sex, then there is also the possibility that the woman got genital chlamydia from your, and your could have gotten genital chlamydia back from her. Otherwise, it won't travel in you from your throat to your penis.

Some places may have difficulty in obtaining accurate throat testing for chlamydia. If that's the case, it would be advisable to get treated for chlamydia. Best wishes.

Dr. C.
Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified