DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

I keep getting multiple yeast infections or bacterial

Customer Question

I keep getting multiple yeast infections or bacterial vaginosis on a regular basis. I'm not douching, I avoid fragrances down there (I've started using Vagisil daily intimate wash), I have 1 sex partner, and I've been tested for STD's. Is this normal?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

It is not normal.

I would talk to your doctor and suggest a product called rephresh, which is a vaginal proiotic to normalize the flora in the vagina.

Also, your doctor needs to rule out factors such as diabetes which can pre-dispose

you to such infection.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where can the product rephresh be purchased? Normal pharmacies?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Yes.

Please click a positive rating.

And also see my add services offer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What could be some of the causes of recurrent yeast infections and/or BV? Could my partner possibly be a factor, if I'm doing everything to avoid the common causes like not douching, taking all medication prescribed, etc.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

No it is not your partner.

The causes are the bugs involved, which are in the environment all the time.

So, there has to be an imbalance in the internal environment to allow recurrent infections.

Please click a positive, the scale is at the top of the answer page.

Also consider my add services offer, which will go way beyond the normal scope of this question...you most likely will not get that information elsewhere.