How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Muneeb Ali Your Own Question
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 7048
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM. Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr. Muneeb Ali is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

About 2&1/2 months ago, I got back on birth control after

Customer Question

About 2&1/2 months ago, I got back on birth control after being off of it for almost 2 years. About 7 days into the pill, I had sex where the guy didn't pull out. Instead of getting plan B, I took 2 pills in one day. Then I kept on my normal cycle of birth control and have had 2 relatively normal periods since. Is there I chance I could be pregnant? I am alarmed because I have symptoms of a UTI and pregnant women are more prone to them.... What are your thoughts?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, since I've started the pill I have had cramps most everyday. Very lightly.... But I don't know if that's normal for getting used to the pill again
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 1 year ago.


Well let me assure you that there is no chance that you can be pregnant. The reason being that you have had two normal periods since you had intercourse. If you were pregnant then you would have definitely missed your periods. If you are having periods, then there is absolutely no chance that you can be pregnant. Regarding the UTI, while it is true that pregnant women are more prone to getting a UTI, it is also true that women can get them frequently without being pregnant as well. Actually women are more prone to get UTI's than men.

If you do have symptoms of a UTI such as frequent urination, burning pain while urinating, lower abdominal pain, back pain, flank pain, increased urination or change in color of urine then you would need to get a urine routine examination done. You might also need to get a urine culture done as well. In addition, considering your crampy abdominal pain it might be wise that you get an abdomen and pelvis ultrasound done as well. This can determine if there is an infection in the bladder or if there is an abnormality in the reproductive tract. These cramps can be associated with the use of birth control however considering your other symptoms it would be wise to get this checked out by a OB/GYN who can also treat your UTI at the same time. While you get yourself checked out, it would be advisable to drink increased amounts of water.

Please feel free to ask any follow up questions

I hope I have been helpful and this answers your query. Please remember to assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me for my time. You are free to ask follow-up questions thereafter at no charge although any bonuses would be appreciated. Please allow up to 24 hours for a follow-up response if I am signed off.

If, for some reason, you are not satisfied with the answer, I would appreciate knowing why so that I can try to clear up any misunderstanding that may have taken place and still earn a positive rating from you. Finally, you may request me in the future by beginning the question with "THIS IS FOR Dr. Muneeb Ali".

Thank you for using Just Answer.