OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I am 26 years old. I have a period cycle of 27/28 days. My

Customer Question
last period was on 18th...
I am 26 years old. I have a period cycle of 27/28 days. My last period was on 18th september.
Condom broke while having sex on 10/7/2015 nearly at 1:00AM.
Me and my husband are not ready for kids.
I am not interested in taking a pill.
Is there any chance of me getting pregnant?
If yes, is there any other way to stop unplanned pregnancy?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
10/7/2015
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN replied 2 years ago
Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN

October 7 was day 20 of your cycle. With 27/28 day cycles, you would usually ovulate around day 13/14, and the egg would survive only 24 hours. After the egg is gone, there is no chance of pregnancy.

So it seems that pregnancy is highly unlikely.

However, late ovulation occasionally can happen, and in case it did, pregnancy might be possible. But if you've never had a late period, that also means that you've never had a late ovulation.

The only ways we know to stop an unplanned pregnancy are either with pills or by inserting an IUD.

Since you don't wish to take a pill, I would just wait for your period to come. It almost surely will.

I forgot to mention that I have hypo thyroidism. Will taking a pill affect my throid health?

Progesterone pills (used as morning after pills, such as Plan B) should have no effect on your thyroid health.

Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN