Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I just want to not have to worry next 5 weeks until next

Customer Question

I just want to not have to worry for the next 5 weeks until next ultrasound. Cat scan did not show any other concerns, fluid or anything like that. Reports says a cystic structure in the right adnexa possibly multiloculated measuring 4.7x2.8 cm Is it normal
for a benign cyst to grow from a baby cyst to the size listed withinin that amount of timeI had a cat scan 2 weeks ago due to some lower abdominal issues.(previously had an abdominal ultrasound and pelvic ultrasound early in August with all fine,,,only 2 baby
cysts found on both ovaries which were assumed to dissolve) I saw my gyn on Thursday. Originally, she had received cat scan and did not realize that I had scheduled an appointment for the same day. Her nurse initially advised me that I follow up in 6 weeks
with an ultra sound. I decided to keep an appointment just to get some questions answered. So it turns out I had two baby cysts when I had my first pelvic ultrasound 7 weeks ago. My gyn assumes the one on my left ovary dissolved since it did not show up on
CT scan but assumes the found on the CT scan on my right ovary is the same one...at the time, it was a baby cyst that seemed to have blood filled it in. Is this a hemorraghic cyst? Or could be another type. SHe did not feel it necessary to have the the CA
125 test(only if I really wanted to)....Because of the number of false positives and negatives, my husband and I decided not to push it. Do you feel this is an ok course. Do you think if my gyn was more concerned, she would have suggested the test or more
aggressive measures(getting it taken out). Is a hemorraghic cyst the only type with blood in it? Do they usually dissolve on their own? Thanks.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.

I think I tried to help you with this previously. Would you like me to answer, or would you prefer to wait for another expert? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I wait for another expert You were very helpful, but I think I would like another opinion. Thanks!

No problem. I will opt out so another expert can help you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will I still get a response faster as I paid for that option? Thanks