OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I slept with an ex boyfriend 2-3 weeks ago and found out he

Customer Question
has genital warts and had...
I slept with an ex boyfriend 2-3 weeks ago and found out he has genital warts and had told me they were skin tags... long story short he had some frozen off and about 4 left... I now how have PID... is it a result of being exposed to genital warts. He was also exposed to herpes... but claims he doesn't have them. Betrayed and angry.
As a side note, in the course of our 5 year relationship, I had never in my life had an abnormal pap..( I am 44) got my first 2 ..one after the other and diagnose of HPV
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
Since we broke up I found out after the fact he has been involved in the Swinger lifestyle and 3-somes. He has had sex with multiple "strangers" without a condom
Hysterectomy 11/30. Pathology, test etc for cancer etc. No stds/sti at all untill now.
9/29/2015
OB GYN Doctor: Dr David, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor

This is Dr. David

genital warts is usually caused by a viral infection like HPV virus. HPV virus doesn't tend to cause PID.

PID infection is usually caused by a bacterial infection.

usually herpes doesn't cause PID

you need blood test to check for antibodies to herpes to see if you might have been exposed to herpes.

I am sorry about your infection.

I'm sure you will stay away from him from now on.

if you have had a hysterectomy, that must have been a supracervical hysterectomy to leave the cervix in place. if the cervix was removed, the vaginal canal would have been sewn up and PID would not be possible.

let me know if you have questions.

are you getting treatment for your PID?

I haven't had a hysterectomy yet.. due to have this month. Is it possible his gential warts ( sti???? ) could have been a factor... just don't understand how I got this and huge coincidence that it occurred after being with him. Never go near him again.. can lack of condom use have made him a Sti carrier? Basically any connection.I want to confront him but get facts straight. He went to get tested yesterday
Antibiotics for pid

genital warts would not cause PID.

PID is usually caused by bacterial infection.

lack of condom can increase risks for infection.

you need to see a gyn and get tested and treated for your PID infection.

a vaginal culture and gyn culture can see what infection you have.

could be chlamydia or gonorrhea or something else

Okay. Very hard lesson learned. I appreciate your advice. Thank you.

you are welcome

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

you are welcome

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr David
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor