OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I noticed that I have a pimple on my right nipple and a

Customer Question
burning sensation. Several years...
I noticed that I have a pimple on my right nipple and a burning sensation. Several years ago I had idiosyncratic galactoria and I had two mammograms, ultrasound and then it started to be just at the time of my period and we thought it was basically a perimenopause thing. Eventually it went away on its own, but lately I have noticed that a cyclical burning sensation around my period or ovulation comes. But yesterday I looked down and noticed a small white pimple on my breast.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
9/24/2015
OB GYN Doctor: Anthony Bray MD, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Anthony Bray MD

Hello!

Your impression is correct I most suspect here. It sounds to be more of a superficial skin infection. I suggest apply Neosporin ointment twice a day to this pimple .I think it will likely resolve with this within about one week. If it fails to resolve or you have other concerns then have your doctor take a look. It sounds to be a limited skin infection though at this point. I don't think this relates to your past symptoms.

I hope that this is helpful for you.Let me know if you have further questions or discussion.I will be happy to get back with you.If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

The burning sensation may have to do possibly with underlying fibrocystic changes . That could make sense as it coming and going in relation to your menstrual cycle. I think that sensation is separate from the pimple that you have noticed though....

Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Doctor