OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I was at the doctors last week and had little burning when I

Customer Question
urinate. They did a test...
I was at the doctors last week and had little burning when I urinate. They did a test and showed negative for uti, but showed blood in my urine. She sent it to the lab. Then since then 3x i saw blood. Yesterday and today i thougjt i got my period so put a tampon on and today and yesterday there was blood streaks on it, but i do not have my period. I am supposed to get it in 4 days. What could this be and is it related to the blood the doctor found. That blood was not visible.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
9/23/2015
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 2 years ago
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD

Blood in the urine along with burning means that you have a uti. You need to be treated with antibiotics. I would consider seeing a different Dr.

I am sorry i forgot to say they gave me antibiotics. But I now still have blood.

Sometimes antibiotics are not effective against the bacteria causing the uti. IF you have no other symptoms it may just take a little time for the blood to clear

The blood was on the tampon do you think this is the same thing or different since wasnt in urine.

If the blood was on the tampon then it's not from a uti

Dr. K.
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD