Dr. Gehring
Dr. Gehring, Doctor
Experience:  Doctor of internal and general medicine self employed
61885400

I believe I had a chemical pregnancy. My period was late,

Customer Question

I believe I had a chemical pregnancy. My period was late, had cramping and sore breasts then I had a faint positive pregnancy test. The next day, the test came back negative and I had a little spotting. After that I never had any more bleeding. My question is, is it normal to not bleed more after such an incidence? I'm assuming I can't ovulate again until I actually get a real period? As of now I haven't had a real period for 35 days.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Gehring replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Usually you experience more bleeding with a missed abortion. I would do another test to be sure that you actually are not pregnant.

You can ovulate without a previous normal period. It is possible you will get one within the next week if you are not pregnant.

I wish you all the best!