DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

I am 51 yrs old now. For the last 2 yrs, my menstrual

Customer Question

I am 51 yrs old now. For the last 2 yrs, my menstrual periods is irregular and have little periods like almost everyday before heavy ones every 2 months. I have been married for 21 yrs now and only been with my hubby. But the last 2 yrs also, I have been having yellowish vaginal drainage everyday. I bought a over the counter monistat and it slows it down but never goes away. What is wrong with me? It is frustrating and do I need a prescription ?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.

Hi

have you had a culture for the lab

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No lab cultures done. She thinks its yeast but no prescription given. Can you prescribe me a po meds for yeast infection? Thanks
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.

Hello

Thanks for requesting me

Before you do anything, you need lab cultures.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.