khagihara
khagihara, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Trained in OB & GYN for many years.
20084961

34 y/o female, who on two instances during two week time

Customer Question

34 y/o female, who on two instances during two week time frame after urinating, have noticed watery, light red blood on bath tissue. What can cause this, and what tests should be done to make this determination?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  khagihara replied 2 years ago.

Any urinary problems? blood in the urine? Abnormal vaginal discharge? Did you look at the vagina with a mirror? Are you aware of anything which might have bought this on?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I do notice that have a weaker bladder. Also I have noticed a thicker discharge. I do have history of varicose veins and leg swelling, but recently have noticed more leg and feet pain of which I was going to Dr to address before this came about.
Expert:  khagihara replied 2 years ago.

What does it mean by a weaker bladder? Frequent urination? burning sensation during urination? Do you feel as if you wanted to urinate again soon after you urinate? itching in the vagina?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Urinary incontinence ..when I have to go, I usually cannot hold it. But once I go, I am usually fine after that. No burning or itching
Expert:  khagihara replied 2 years ago.

Does urine leak when you exert pressure on your bladder by coughing, sneezing, laughing, exercising or lifting something heavy? Do you have a sudden, intense urge to urinate followed by an involuntary loss of urine? Do you have any medical problems? Any surgeries? Any medications including over-the-counter pills and herbs? Any other symptoms? Any family medical history? How many babies did you deliver vaginally?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not on any medication, and do not have children. Don't urinate with laughing, coughing, etc. But I do sometimes get an extreme urge to urinate, followed by some leakage.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am wondering how do I know whether this is a gynecological or urological problem?
Expert:  khagihara replied 2 years ago.

It seems to be due to bacteria infection of the bladder. You should go to the urgent care to have an exam and antibiotics if it is.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Wouldn't bacterial infection cause burning etc. How do u know it is infection as opposed to other things like fibroids, cysts, or even more serious cancer?
Expert:  khagihara replied 2 years ago.

If it is bleeding from fibroids, the amount is not like that. much more. You are too young to have cancer in the urinary tract cancer such as bladder cancer and kidney cancer. It could be a polyp in the bladder. You should see a urologist after Memorial day to have a urine test including cytology and cystoscopy, ultrasound if necessary.