Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

Freaking out got a tubal done almost right years ago been

Customer Question

Hi freaking out got a tubal done almost right years ago been through three pregnancies before pregnancy tests are neg except 2hpts I should b around 14 wks I'm lactating can feel baby move flutters than kicks gaining weight really need to talk to someone and worried don't know what to do haven't bled in almost 4 months now. Felt 2 hard kicks and he moves around. More importantly I just know. But this is so very different than my last pregnancies probably bc this happened after tubal
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 2 years ago.

Do you mean a tubal done "eight" years ago?

What do you mean pregnancy tests are negative except 2 hpt's? Did you have 2 hpt's that were positive?

Why not see a doctor now if you think you're pregnant? Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Been having trouble I have extreme anxiety and I owe money to doc who did tubal before I can see him I gotta pay collections in working on it I'm taking prenatal
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Oh and I've actually got 4hpts now but blood is negative everyone's telling me I'm lucky to even have positive tests at all with my hcg

As long as your blood test is negative, you're not pregnant.

Since you're lactating and feeling flutters, you may have a false pregnancy (pseudocyesis), which is not too unusual.

If you could see a doctor, an ultrasound could be done to show that there is no baby inside.

Since you can't see the doctor to whom you owe money, perhaps you could try seeing another doctor or an urgent care center.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've talked with other mother's who docs said same thing even to my mother and they almost killed her baby if she hadn't of waited ended up miscarrying a twin also doc told one woman who got all neg tests that she wasn't pregnant then when she was five months did sonogram and sure enough baby was there things aren't black and white anymore I've done major research I didn't want to b pregnant

Some things are black and white. If there is no hcg in a blood test, pregnancy is not possible.

I've heard lots of similar stories, but I've never actually seen it. A sonogram will tell you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No offense but I never said there was no hcg

You said that the blood test was negative. That sounds like the same thing to me.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Tests only measure anything over 25ml
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
4ml is considered not pregnant
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My dad went to John Hopkins I got into MIT at 17 I've done my research and it's the placenta that gives off the hcg hormone
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's supposed to b doubling my adoptive mom had to get shots of progesterone etc her placenta was torn
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Plus a woman just knows especially since this is my fourth it's hard to explain

You're correct. 4mIU is normal for non pregnant women. That would be considered negative.

You're also correct that the placenta makes hcg hormone. If there was a placenta, the hcg would be far higher than 4.

Some women know, but turn out to not be pregnant. Time will tell.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have 24hcg

You said you had a negative blood hcg.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
they only pick up 25 ml
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If a placenta's torn or had a problem would that affect the hcg I could ask my dad but it's a little late

If your hcg is 24, that means pregnant. However, it would be extremely early in pregnancy, and not where you could feel kicks.

I have to go to bed now, so I won't be able to respond further until tomorrow. Sorry.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Got an ultra sound done was in fact pregnant
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
16 wks a month behind than what I thought I was
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Something about a cryptic pregnancy

Yes, I guess it was a cryptic pregnancy. Hard to understand why the hcg was so low.