Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I have small hanging tissue like thing hanging inside my

Customer Question

I have small hanging tissue like thing hanging inside my vagina and it itches. I also have brownish discharge. I'm on the depo Vero shot and haven't bleed since march. I also have recently had sex for the first time in over a year and a half.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.

Brown discharge is not unusual when a woman is on depo provera, even if she hasn't had bleeding for months. However, the tissue is not normal, although it's had to know what it is without seeing it. I would recommend that you see your doctor for evaluation. It could be anything from some thick cervical discharge to a cervical or uterine polyp or fibroid. It could also be a growth in the vagina. Most of these would not be serious.

The itching may or may not be from a yeast infection. It could also be an allergic reaction from the sex, either to lubricant, latex, or something else.

Tissue and itching don't sound like an STD. Abnormal bleeding is sometimes due to an STD, so it would be good to be checked.