Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

Im stressing over a lot within my pregnancy....I am 31 weeks

Customer Question

hello....Im stressing over a lot within my pregnancy....I am 31 weeks pregnant.Oct 21 for my due date.LMP jan14.3day regular periods.i wasnt in a relationship.at the time.i had sex with my ex jan20..then my now boyfriend jan29.it says I wasn't fertile until the 24th so is the ex out of the question.I need some relief .*conception *who's the real father
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 2 years ago.

Is the October 21 due date based on an early ultrasound? If so, what was the date of the ultrasound, and how many weeks were you? Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
23w5d 6/29/15 .. my due date is from my LMP...but I wasn't pregnant on my cycle
Did you not have an ultrasound in the first 10 weeks of pregnancy?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
not right now on me....how long do I have to reply. I had one 8 weeks.. every since I found out from the hospital when they said 1 to 3 weeks feb20 my due date has been oct21
Assuming that your ultrasound at 8 weeks agreed with the due date of October 21, that means that you got pregnant around January 28. That should be accurate within about 5 days, meaning that you conceived from January 23 to February 2.
The early ultrasound is the most accurate way we have to know when conception occurred.
So it's highly unlikely that you got pregnant from sex on January 20.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
02/21/15 they told me 4-5 weeks but I didn't get that due date until 10wks
An ultrasound at 8-10 weeks is accurate within about 5 days, so my answer stays the same.
At 4-5 weeks, little or nothing is usually seen on ultrasound, so at that point, I suspect they were going by your last period, which is notoriously inaccurate. Ultrasound is far more accurate for determining conception.