Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I have a single sore on my labia minora. I popped it this

Customer Question

I have a single sore on my labia minora. I popped it this morning and white pus and a little blood and clear fluid came out.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome.
I am Dr. Norm, and I look forward to helping you today.
How long had the sore been there?
How old are you? Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I noticed it Wednesday of last week. I am 31.
Your sore that contained pus and a little blood is most likely a pimple, or something similar, such as an ingrown hair or an infected sebaceous cyst (blocked oil gland). All are fairly common in the labia area.
The best treatment now is hot soaks, either in a tub of warm water or by using a warm wash cloth covered by a heating pad.
Genital herpes is a common cause for genital sores, but they are not filled with pus, and can't be popped after a week.
If it doesn't clear up within another week, then I'd see a doctor to have it checked.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you!

You're welcome.