Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

A guy I was intimate with about 3.5 to 4 months ago

Customer Question

A guy I was intimate with about 3.5 to 4 months ago contacted me today and said that a girl he was with after me found out she has chlamydia and he was tested and he has it as well. I have shown no symptoms or anything and I just took a vaginal pH test and it came back normal. I know I was clean before him. Would my pH still be normal even if I did have chlamydia?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome.
I am Dr. Norm, and I look forward to helping you today.
A pH test won't tell you anything about chlamydia. You need to have a chlamydia test. You can have chlamydia and have normal vaginal pH.