OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

My ex boyfriend and I had been sexually active for a year.

Customer Question
Back in March, I got...
My ex boyfriend and I had been sexually active for a year. Back in March, I got a yeast infection after we had sex. I went to the doctor and they tested me to make sure I didn't have an STD and I didn't so they gave me a prescription that I took and it cleared it up. But then, we had sex again and I got another yeast infection. We recently broke up and I starting seeing someone else and I'm not experiencing these yeast infections anymore. In fact, I've never had a yeast infection in my life until a few months ago. Is it possible that my ex gave me a yeast infection from being with another woman?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
8/3/2015
OB GYN Doctor: Dr.Amita, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr.Amita
Dr.Amita, Doctor

Hello

Welcome to justanswer.

I am Dr.Amita and I would be helping you today.

It is not possible to tell if your earlier partner was transmitting the infection to you.

Yeast are normal inhabitants of vagina and imbalance in ph of vagina or between different flora of vagina can cause yeast infection to show up.Yeast infection is not necessarily contracted by sexual intercourse and therefore it would not be possible to tell if your earlier partner was responsible for the bouts of infection you had.

Dr.Amita
Dr.Amita
Dr.Amita, Doctor