Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I have a tiny gentian wart at the opening of my vagina. It

Customer Question

I have a tiny gentian wart at the opening of my vagina. It has been treated twice with TCA but it still there. It is so small I can barely feel it and have never had another outbreak more than this. Last time I went, the Obgyn barely thought it needed to be treated again. Is it possible the wart is cured but a scar remains or should I just get treated again?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. TV replied 2 years ago.

It is very possible that could be a scar or perhaps it might not even be a genital wart. You may want to request that your doctor look at it with a colposcope after treating it with some very mild acetic acid (vinegar). this gives it a very characteristic appearance that should be able to tell them whether more treatment is needed.