Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I had unprotected sex with my gf and I developed a skin

Customer Question

I had unprotected sex with my gf and I developed a skin colored blister under my penis head painless but itchy after couple hour the blister burst and my skin just came off exposing a sore. its one blister but I want to know could this be herpes.. theirs no pain.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.

Hi, It's Dr. C. Board certified doctor. I can help you today.

I'm sorry that you're having to deal with it. The sequence of events does sound suspicious for herpes. The typical description is onset within 3-7 days of the sex, starting with a mild itching sensation, then a blister that breaks open to form a shallow sore. The only thing that doesn't match is that the sore usually hurts at least a little when you touch it. It might not hurt without touching it. Sometimes there can be a mild feeling of a flu and swollen lymph nodes in the groin. Can you attach a photo using the paperclip icon on your screen? The best way to make a diagnosis at this stage is to have a viral culture swab taken off the lesion. If that's positive, the diagnosis is 100% certain. But it depends on timing. If the sore is in the wrong stage of development or already healing, the viral swab could be false negative.

Any questions? I want to be sure you have the most helpful information.

Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.
Any questions? I'd like to make sure you get excellent service.
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.
If no more questions, please leave a rating for my service. I aim for excellent and appreciate your feedback. Thanks.