Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I took at home uti test a week and a half ago tested

Customer Question

Hi i took at home uti test a week and a half ago tested positive for leukocytes no nitrates. My doctor called in a prescription of 7 days of ciprofalaxin I finished it a few days ago. I have a strange smell in discharge and happened after sex. I still tested positive this morning for leukocytes although it seemed to be a bit less than before ... could I possibly have bacterial vaginosis? I have never had this before.. also not many uti symptoms but I have had 2 kidney infections in past .. I feel fine only some pressure and I have the odor which is better than it was before due to some home remedies .. or could it be I still have a uti but a different strain of bacteria that cipro didn't treat ? I have been with the same partner for 4 years..Help!
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.

Hello

Leukocytes on a home test are not diagnostic of anything and ytou should not be doing this.You need and exam.

Bacteria vaginosis is possible, but that needs a swab of vaginal fluid.