How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. K. Your Own Question
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 4448
Experience:  Board certified OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr. K. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I think my body is just responding to stopping birth control

Customer Question

So I think my body is just responding to stopping birth control but I am a little worried and would just like some verification that I am either ok or should go see a doctor. I have been on birth control for 10 years without any breaks, multiple methods. I finally called it quits in May 2015. I got a period within a week, then had an obvious ovulation with egg white discharge about two weeks later and another normal period about three weeks later. So two normal periods since I stopped. Then a week after my last period, I had sex a few days in a row. Condom and protected but it was the first time in about 7 months, and I noticed it made me bleed two of the three times. I was sore and hurt internally as well. Then I started spotting and cramping a few days after the last sex and continued to spot for about 4 days. Which is where I am now. I woke up to heavy bleeding this morning, just to go back to light. I have been light bleeding now for about 5 days. What is going on! I feel like my hormones are just out of whack. Should I be seen? Thank you so much for your time!!!
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.

Soreness and pain with sex are not normal. This can be an indication of infection. I would not be overly concerned about the abnormal bleeding. Yes I think you need to see a DR