OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I have a lump..it seems like it was fluid filled.. on my

Customer Question
I have a lump..it seems...
I have a lump..it seems like it was fluid filled.. on my perineum...and now it's bleeding...not really sure what I should do about it. I'm not even sure what is is exactly but it doesn't really hurt unless there pressure applied to the area...what should I do?..could this be a cyst or a hemorrhoid?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
7/17/2015
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN replied 2 years ago
Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Hello and welcome.
I am Dr. Norm, and I look forward to helping you today.
I'm not able to take a phone call, but I think I may be able to help you on line.
How old are you?
How long have you had the lump?
Did you injure yourself down there?
If it's bleeding, is the blood able to drain freely? Thank you.
i'm 31 years old
I noticed the lump about a week ago
No...I haven't injured my self down there either
and yes its able to drain freely
what can this it be?? I've never had this happened before
I suspect that the lump is a Bartholin duct cyst, which occurs when the opening to the Bartholin gland (there's one each side of the vaginal opening) gets plugged.
I'm not sure why it's bleeding. If it were filled with blood, the blood should drain out, and then it should disappear. A Bartholin cyst doesn't usually fill with blood.
It shouldn't be a hemorrhoid, since that's at the rectum.
A Bartholin cyst doesn't need treatment unless it's bothersome.
I would recommend seeing your doctor to figure it out.
Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN