How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Norm S. Your Own Question
Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 11231
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr. Norm S. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a seems like it was fluid filled.. on my perineum...and

Customer Question

I have a seems like it was fluid filled.. on my perineum...and now it's bleeding...not really sure what I should do about it. I'm not even sure what is is exactly but it doesn't really hurt unless there pressure applied to the area...what should I do?..could this be a cyst or a hemorrhoid?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome.
I am Dr. Norm, and I look forward to helping you today.
I'm not able to take a phone call, but I think I may be able to help you on line.
How old are you?
How long have you had the lump?
Did you injure yourself down there?
If it's bleeding, is the blood able to drain freely? Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i'm 31 years old
I noticed the lump about a week ago
No...I haven't injured my self down there either
and yes its able to drain freely
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what can this it be?? I've never had this happened before
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 2 years ago.
I suspect that the lump is a Bartholin duct cyst, which occurs when the opening to the Bartholin gland (there's one each side of the vaginal opening) gets plugged.
I'm not sure why it's bleeding. If it were filled with blood, the blood should drain out, and then it should disappear. A Bartholin cyst doesn't usually fill with blood.
It shouldn't be a hemorrhoid, since that's at the rectum.
A Bartholin cyst doesn't need treatment unless it's bothersome.
I would recommend seeing your doctor to figure it out.

Related OB GYN Questions