OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

QUESTION I've had anal sex with men without protection never

Customer Question
QUESTION I've had anal sex...
QUESTION I've had anal sex with men without protection never a problem for the past 3 moths i have a lot constant pain and burning sensation especially when seated for long periods......i have a colonoscopy exam in october i can't take this till then all the specialist recommended was ointment.....but it doesn't help
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/13/2015
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 2 years ago
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD

This sounds like an anal fissure. A Dr should be able to see that. It will help to get a prescription for a steroid rectal foam, like Proctocort. It needs to be used twice a day. And will help the healing process.

is this an over the counter medicine? or do i need to see a doctor for a prescription

You need to see a Dr. This is not over the counter. Otc creams do not work as well

Dr. K.
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD