How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. K. Your Own Question
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 4363
Experience:  Board certified OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr. K. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

QUESTION I've had anal sex with men without protection never a problem p

Customer Question

{QUESTION I've had anal sex with men without protection never a problem for the past 3 moths i have a lot constant pain and burning sensation especially when seated for long periods......i have a colonoscopy exam in october i can't take this till then all the specialist recommended was ointment.....but it doesn't help
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
This sounds like an anal fissure. A Dr should be able to see that. It will help to get a prescription for a steroid rectal foam, like Proctocort. It needs to be used twice a day. And will help the healing process.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
is this an over the counter medicine? or do i need to see a doctor for a prescription
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
You need to see a Dr. This is not over the counter. Otc creams do not work as well