OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I have a pea sized, purple, grayish bump just around my

Customer Question
anus. Not in it, but...
I have a pea sized, purple, grayish bump just around my anus. Not in it, but very close to it. It doesn't hurt at all. I just barely noticed it a week ago. It hurts a tiny bit and that's only if I push on it very hard. What is it and how can I get rid off it?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
7/11/2015
OB GYN Doctor: DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS, CONSULTANT GYNAECOLOGIST replied 2 years ago
DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS
DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS, CONSULTANT GYNAECOLOGIST

hello

From your description it appears to be sentinel piles .It has to be excised by surgery.

The bump is more grayish, fleshy colored than purple at second glance. Plus, it might be slightly latger than a pea. Is surgery really the only way to treat it?
I just wanted to add that after looking at it, again, that it is, indeed, fleshy colored with a tint of grey. It is also in the shape of a perfect ball and slightly larger than a pea. If I really do need syrgery what type of doctor should I go see? I'm a male, btw.

hello

you must see a surgeon.

A surgeon, yes, but I meant a specific doctor who could verify what I have.

a general surgeon can understand the nature of lesion and can advice you accordingly.

Ok, then, thank you very much. I'll probably have to go get this removed, then. Much appreciated.

ok

best of luck

Dr. C.
Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified