How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. C. Your Own Question
Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 3064
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr. C. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Okay this is a tough question to ask cause its very hard to

Customer Question

okay this is a tough question to ask cause its very hard to explain. Inside my vagina on the top part towards my pubic bone. on the skin inside there has a bunch of tiny hard knots... what is this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, It's Dr. C. Board certified Ob-gyne with 30 years experience. I can help you today. It's hard to say for sure without examining you. But in that location, inside the vagina, behind the pubic bone, are the "rugae" of the vagina. These are the rough folds that are normal and allow the vagina to expand when sexually active. If there is something that feels very hard, like rocks, then there could be something else going on and you'd need to be examined. The rugae of the vagina can feel bumpy and rough, and they are normal. Please reply if you can provide more details for me. I hope this has been helpful.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It almost feels like little BBS towards the back side of the rugea...
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.
In that case they may be Gartners duct cysts. These can feel like BBs and sit in the lateral wall. They are leftover from when the genital tract was forming. The only way to tell for sure is to have a gynecologist examine you. There aren't that many things that can cause a BB like bump inside the vagina. Gartners duct cysts are pretty common. Let me know if I can help with anything else.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So there is nothing to worry about?
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.
Not likely to be worrisome at all. You can mention it to your gynecologist the next time you see them. Just to get extra reassurance. Obviously if they start to hurt or start getting bigger, seek help sooner. But this doesn't sound very concerning to me. Anything else?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The only other thing I have noticed is during intercourse I don't produce as much cum as normal
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.
That would go along with them possibly being "inclusion cysts". There are hundreds of glands in the genital area that produce the moisture we need for lubricated sex. If some dead skin got pushed into the pores, the fluid backs up forming cysts. That would reduce the lubrication. Taking hot baths regularly may help with that. Anything else?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is there any other way to remove these?
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.
Yes that could be done. If they really were blocked glands, we would usually first do an "I&D" which is an incision and drainage. A small slit is made over the blocked gland and the fluid is allowed to drain. The cysts could also be removed completely if necessary. This would be a rare need. Usually these types of cysts don't cause any trouble and don't require any treatment. Anything else?
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.
Any further questions?
If none, please leave a rating for my service. I aim for excellent and appreciate your feedback. Thanks!