OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

My period is 2 weeks late. my period isn't usually on time,

Customer Question
like it is sometimes 3-5...
my period is 2 weeks late. my period isn't usually on time, like it is sometimes 3-5 days late.. but never this late I took plan b twice in one week, happened to be right before my period. I've had cramping for the last 5 ish days I feel like my period has come but when I go check it's just white discharge. I took a pregnancy test when I was 9 days late in the morning & it came out negative. I've been stressed and frustrated, my breasts ache once and a while. I'm freaking out and need help
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
7/8/2015
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN replied 2 years ago
Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Hello and welcome.
I am Dr. Norm, and I look forward to helping you today.
With a negative pregnancy test when you were 9 days late, pregnancy is almost impossible.
So I think that your late period is likely due to stress. When that happens, your estrogen may be high, which leads to the breast aching. The cramping is likely from not having a period for a while, and some buildup of the uterine lining.
Since you took plan b, I assume that you don't wish to be pregnant. So I would give it some time, work on stress relief, and see if your periods resume. If you are feeling too bad, you could see your doctor. Some progesterone pills will bring on your period.
Should I worry about the discharge ?
The discharge is likely due to high estrogen levels. Unless there is a possibility of an STD, I would not worry about the discharge.
Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN