OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I am 4 weeks pp and my boyfriend and I began to have sex

Customer Question
again. It has been a...
I am 4 weeks pp and my boyfriend and I began to have sex again. It has been a week or two since the first time we had aex without a condom and now I have been cramping for a couple of days. What could that possibly mean?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
7/6/2015
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN replied 2 years ago
Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Hello and welcome.
I am Dr. Norm, and I look forward to helping you today.
It's hard to know what it means without an exam. Since you're only 4 weeks pp, it's probably likely to be related to your recent pregnancy. Possibly there is a small piece of placenta that is still inside, or your uterus is just cramping some as it shrinks back down.
If an STD is a possibility, I would get checked for that, since and STD can cause cramping and discomfort.
Implantation cramping is a very remote possibility, especially because pregnancy is such a remote possibility only 4 weeks pp.
If the cramping continues or gets more severe, I would see your doctor for an exam.
Could that result in pregnancy even though I just had a baby a month ago?
As I said, pregnancy is a very remote possibility. It's not impossible, but it's highly unlikely so soon after delivery.
Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN