DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

Ive been having pelvic pain on and off few months now.

Customer Question

ive been having pelvic pain on and off for a few months now. For the past few days its been a constant pain and gets worse when I sit down or eat or drink. I saw a doctor and I had a yeast infection and a PH imbalance, and even with medicine keeps coming back. Before this I had never had a yeast infection. Ive been tested for STDs and have come back clear. Had all the shots for HPV, and really unsure what this is... Its a pretty intense pain and happens on and off my period. Id like to go to my doc but ive called around and havent found a doc that can take me for another couple weeks.
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My stomach has been really bloated (feels distended), which usually is but lately has been much worse. I am allergic to gluten and I live a totally gf lifestyle so I know my pain isnt gluten related.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Hello
We answer questions on this site.
What is your medical question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Im just wondering what my symptoms could be related to. It just doesnt seem normal that I would be in this kind of pain on and off for months.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
You have to rule out pelvic inflammatory disease, which I assume has been done...pelvic exam, pap spear and bacterial swab tests....if not that is first order of concern.
Pelvic pain syndromes are not uncommon, and they are a combination of structural problems, nerve problems and hormonal problems in some cases.
This is best addressed by a doctor who has experience with such pain.
In addition, bladder problems such as interstitial cystitis need to be considered.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.