Dr David
Dr David, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced physican trained in ob-gyn and oncology
41363181

I am 62 and have not had a cycle for 10 yrs. Although I had

Customer Question

I am 62 and have not had a cycle for 10 yrs. Although I had a break through about 3rd ago. I had an ultra sound and a biopsy done of my cervics and uterus done. The results was negative. Yesterday, it appeared as it i were having a cycle. (not heavy, enough to stain the tissue). Could I have cycle at this age?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David
no, you would not have having a period at your age.
the most dangerous issue is a hiding uterine cancer which is causing the bleeding.
sometimes uterine cancers can be missed with uterine biopsy.
if you are having uterine bleeding or bloody discharge, at your age, best to have a total hysterectomy and removal of your ovaries
this way you will know and be 100% sure if there is a hiding uterine cancer in your uterus, that it is completely removed.
have your doctors recommended for you to have a hysterectomy?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr David replied 2 years ago.
if you want a phone consultation, you have to accept additional phone consult services.