OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

Over a year ago I was diagnosed with polycystic ovaries. For

Customer Question
over a year now I...
Over a year ago I was diagnosed with polycystic ovaries. For over a year now I have exerienced extreme low moods before a period, periods that have been; heavy, painful, caused nausea, upper right thigh pain and very painful rectum during bowel movements. I was amdmitted to hospital last year with right illac fossa pain and pyrexia, they thought appendicitis at first but then wanted a gynae opinion, but they never saw me in end so have been seeing gynae in clinics which have been very unhelpful. Since friday I thought I had a UTI as increased urination and pain in lower right abdo, dip-stick was positive for leukoytes, blood, ketones and traces of protein and blood. However, since wednesday my pain has worsened in illac fossa region, worse on movement, some right back pain and right thigh pain, nausea, pyrexia and feeling very light headed/generally unwell. My observations at doctors were done by emergency team (nurses) all relatively normal except pyrexia, they examined me and wasnt too painful to press. I have had bloods taken today, but still feel nauseous and intermittent pain still there and feel light headed still, feeling frustrated now and just wanted a gynae opinion.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
I forgot to say I thought I had a UTI at first because of excessive urination.
I've also been experiencing an upset stomach whilst feeling unwell this time; slightly loose stool but not watery, opening my bowels more often. And during my periods often slightly loose stool or constipation, it varies. I think that's everything now.
7/3/2015
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 2 years ago
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD

You have a urinary tract infection that may have spread to your kidneys based on the results of your urine test. You need to start on antibiotics I would suggest going to an urgent care right away.

Dr. K.
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD