OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I have a spot under neath my beast that I thought was a

Customer Question
I have a brown spot...
I have a brown spot under neath my beast that I thought was a pimple and I think I have irriateded it ... It looked brown at first but now it red after 2 days ... I scheduled a mammogram next week
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
7/2/2015
OB GYN Doctor: Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
How large is the spot - the size of a small pimple? has it become larger since you scratched it?
Does it feel like it is on the ski or does it feel like it has a deeper origin?
Is it painful?
Can you feel any lump inside the breast?
Any nipple discharge?
No nipple discharge ... Not painfully ... And no lump ... It feels like it is on the skin. It is the size of a marker tip. No it has not become bigger.
I do tend sleep in my bras and I live in a very hot climate ... And I work outside and sweat a lot and I do suffer from anxiety and hypothyriodism and hasimoto
The symptoms indicate that what you probably had initially was a blocked skin gland - either a sweat gland or a sebaceous gland with a sebaceous gland being more likely.
When the gland becomes blocked, the secretions collect inside leading to a small lump - similar to a pimple. The lump may be whitish or brownish. Scratching the lump can cause it to become reddish due to bleeding or increased blood flow.
Glands become more readily blocked when the skin is constantly rubbed by clothing or when the sweat does not dry up quickly - both of which can occur in your case.
Please dry the lump completely and apply a mild steroid ointment like Cortizone, available without a prescription. this should cause any inflammation around the lump to decrease and the lump to become smaller and eventually clear up.
A mammogram will help to rule out any breast growth and you have taken a good decision to get it done.
Thank you
You are welcome.
Please click on a positive rating to leave feedback.
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor