Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

My last period started on the 31 of May, I usually have regular

Customer Question

My last period started on the 31 of May, I usually have regular cycle of 29 days. I had sex with husband on the 24th day of the cycle , on the 24th of June, with double condom and pull out, and he pulled out long before ejaculating, and after he pulled out he said he don't feel like ejaculating he was tired. We are using this method until later we will use the pill or other methods but not now
Anyways, My period should have come at least one day ago, still no sign, I made a urine pregnancy test yesterday and it was negative. Please help I am supper worried I might be pregnant what are the chances ?
please note that I put the condoms from the beginning before any touching, and I made a water test on both condoms after and it was ok
please help I am supper worried, my period is usually regular :(((
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
its ok i just need an answer if call does not work is ok thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
please help anybody there ?
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome.
I am Dr. Norm, and I look forward to helping you today.
How old are you?
Have you had much stress lately? Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am 36I had some stress lately but usually even with stress it comes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hello
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
doctor are you there ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
doctor I am here
I think that the chance of pregnancy is very low. Pulling out works quite well as long as it's done before ejaculating, and using condoms as well decreases the chance of pregnancy significantly.
Once a woman gets past 35, the chance of missing a period increases. The reason is that the number of eggs you have decreases with eggs, and with less eggs, there is less chance of ovulation. So possibly your periods won't be quite so regular in the future as they have in the past.
If your period doesn't come by tomorrow, I'd probably repeat the pregnancy test on a first morning urine. As long as that's negative, I think you can relax.
It's hard to know just when your period will come, but I would just wait and see.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok :( thanks I am still worried, how come some sperm in precum can escape the condom ? plus isn't day 24 also not that riskey ?
You're correct that day 24 is not very risky.
Unless someone is very careless, precum won't escape the condom. And there's not much sperm (if any) in precum.