OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have been trying to get pregnant and it was discovered I…

Customer Question
I have been trying to...
I have been trying to get pregnant and it was discovered I have an ovarian cyst and my dr. has reccomeded I take brith control (pill form)to get rid of it /rupture it. However, in researching this I have read that Estrogen which birth control contains is not good for cysts. Should I stop taking the birth control and try other more natural/home remedies to help resolve this cyst issue? Thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
6/29/2015
OB GYN Doctor: DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS, CONSULTANT GYNAECOLOGIST replied 2 years ago
DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS
DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS, CONSULTANT GYNAECOLOGIST

can you tell me the size of the cyst and only one or multiple?

It is around 3 cm on my left ovary

No ocp is recommended for such treatment and it will decrease the size of the cyst.estrogen and progesterone combination will inhibit ovulation and thus decrease the size of the cyst.

Dr. C.
Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified