OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

My gf and I just got back from vacation from the beach.

Customer Question
while there we had unprotected...
My gf and I just got back from vacation from the beach. while there we had unprotected sex and the next day my gf had burning in her vagina and a yellowish discharge. I had very itchy balls. i put some cortizone on them and my symptoms went away the next day. my gf symptoms got a little worse and green discharge. but then she stopped taking her birth control pill and her symptoms went away the following day. we have been back for a week now and her symptoms have not re appeared nor have mine and we have had unprotected sex since then. my question is if we got chlamidia would our symptoms just disappear 1 or 2 days after getting it??
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/29/2015
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Pravin, Physician replied 2 years ago
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Physician

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

Were you or she on any other antibiotic atleast 3 weeks before?

Itchy balls are not a sign of Chlamydia

Yellow discharge and then Green discharge can be due to trichomoniasis or candidal infection or even bacterial vaginosis or even due to the pills

There doesn't seem to be any role of chlamydiae in this.

And this could be the reason the symptoms disappeared in 1 to 2 days.

I would suggest that she should look out for any discharge for the next 1 week for any recurrence and if there is any signs of recurrence she should take the antibiotic course.

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Do you have any further queries.
i would be happy to assist you
No neither one of us was on antibiotics. She had just gone through an abortion the month before and was put on birth control for the first time. Symptoms of chlamidia would go away that fast? Her dr believed that she had gotten it and I'm waiting for the test results so im nervous about it as I did receive unprotected oral sex prior to the trip from another person.

Was the other person known to you ?

Did the person prior to this have any signs of infection? or known infection?

Sometimes stopping of the birth control pills can mask discharges.

You have done the correct thing by doing the tests.

As far as what you have mentioned , the symptoms are not suggestive of chlamydiae.

No the other person didn't have any signs and asked her if she had anything she of course said she didn't but how common is std by oral only??
My gf stopped the birth control the next day all the symptoms went away she thought the hotel toilet paper was scented and she did take a bubble bath the day before the symptoms started.

Bubble bath , toilet paper are not related to the discharge.

It may have been due to other conditions like bacterial vaginosis , trichomoniasis .

Chlamydial infections are not transmitted through oral route. That is very rare.

Ok thanks doc! Fingers crossed. Is trich passed easier orally??

Trichomonas is not passed orally . Not commonly seen following oral sex.

Please do get back to me in case of any further queries