OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

My wife is pregnant 22 weeks. the baby is kicking just above…

Customer Question
my wife is pregnant 22...
my wife is pregnant 22 weeks. the baby is kicking just above the vaginal area. is that normal?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
6/27/2015
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN replied 2 years ago
Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Hello and welcome.
I am Dr. Norm, and I look forward to helping you today.
Most likely it's normal. The baby is in the area from the vagina to the belly button. If the head is up, the legs are close to the vagina. The legs are the most powerful part of your baby, and where they kick, your wife will feel it.
As the baby gets bigger and the uterus grows higher, the kicking will also get higher.