OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a question, the inside of my vaginal wall is coated…

Customer Question
Hello I have a question...
Hello I have a question, the inside of my vaginal wall is coated with white stuff and there is also a watery off white discharge that kind of leaks out. I don't think my flesh is white, however the entire inside is completely coated. I am also experiencing some bring/itching (more burning than itching) but not during urination.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
6/26/2015
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Kala, OB/GYN (Doctor) replied 2 years ago
Dr. Kala
Dr. Kala, OB/GYN (Doctor)

Hi! Thank you for your response, I am privileged you ave allowed me to help you improve your health. There are a few preliminary questions I need you to answer in order to give you the best advise.

1. Have you used any antibiotics in the 2-3 weeks before this discharge started? 2. How much water do you drink daily (cups, ounces or liters)?

No antibiotics, and Im not sure how much water I drink, maybe 4 water bottles or so?

Thanks for your reply. The symptoms you describe sounds like you may have a Candida infection, commonly known as a yeast infection. This is due to a normal inhabitant in the vagina, Candida, which can become excessive and cause a thick white pasty or chunky discharge. I find women who are not consuming sufficient water or who are consuming excessive sugars & carbohydrates or women who have diabetes to be at highest risk. This can be treated when diagnosed using an anti-fungal creme, ovule or suppository. Before diagnosis you can try reducing the sugars & carbohydrates in your diet and drinking sufficient water (at least 64 oz /d unless you also drink caffeine, then you need much more because caffeine dries out your body's tissues.)

Dr. C.
Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified