OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have an std and I'm currently taking medicine to get rid…

Customer Question
I have an std and...
I have an std and I'm currently taking medicine to get rid of it. On top of that I have a yeast infection. The itching is overwhelming. I really can't take it. The doctor prescribed a medicine for the yeast but Im afraid to take it because last time I took it. It burned so bad
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: OB GYN
6/25/2015
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 3 years ago
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD

A yeast medication can burn due to the infection. One to try that may be best is over the counter Vagistat One. Ticonazole. If you have burning, use an ice pack. The burning should not last longer than an hour. the ice pack should take most of it away.