OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have been sick since Monday last week Nausea. Bloating.

Customer Question
I have been sick since...
I have been sick since Monday last week
Nausea. Bloating. Lower Abd. Pain Low grade fever. First thought I had urinary tract infection.
But that is clear. Went to dr. Had a UA.
Also had a cat scan of abd. That was clear.
Blood work has not returned yet. On flaygil had only 2 and one pepcid.
Got up this morning to do some work and had lower abd pain. Broke out in cold sweats.Again my CAT scan was negative. Went to bathroom. Had lose stool and what looked like bright red fluid in stool.
Have had one c section in my life. I am in my 60s. Is it possible for a vaginal tear and would the cat scan show it?
Have an appt. With gyn today for a vaginal and possible vaginal ultrasound.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: OB GYN
6/23/2015
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN replied 3 years ago
Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Hello and welcome.
I am Dr. Norm, and I look forward to helping you today.
You say that the bright red fluid was in the stool. Do you think that the fluid was coming from your rectum or your vagina?
Have you had a colonoscopy? Thank you.
Not from vagina
From rectum. Crazy huh
Especially with a clear Cat scan
No colonoscopy
The iodine would not be an issue from that cat scan would it
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Blood from the rectum suggests a problem in the rectum or colon, not a vaginal tear. I believe that you need a look in through the rectum (colonoscopy) rather than a vaginal ultrasound.
Perhaps you have hemorrhoids, but the bleeding could also be from some type of inflammatory bowel disease or bowel cancer. You may have diverticulitis with your symptoms of low abdominal pain and fever.
It's recommended that everyone begin screening for colon cancer at age 50, using colonoscopy or some other method.
I suspect that your gyn exam today will be normal, and your gyn can then refer you to the proper doctor for a colon evaluation.
I don't think this would be an issue from the iodine used at the cat scan.
I'm sorry, but I am not able to do a phone call at this time.