Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Experience:  Board certified OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

This was my first cycle of 100mg clomid. Decided to get

Customer Question

Hello! This was my first cycle of 100mg clomid. Decided to get monitored at the reproductive medicine office after I was 5 days late for my period and gotten all negatives on the tests! Doc said I have a small cyst on my right overy from overstimulation
from the clomid and that could be what's making my period so late, once it bursts if not pregnant my period would come. Two days ago after intercourse the cyst definitely ruptured, leaving me in excruciating pain for hours. However, I did not bleed at all,
and it's now OVER a week late, two days past cyst rupture, and no period..what the heck is going on?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.

Your period will commonly be late with 100 mg clomid. Repeat the pregnancy test if you have not done so already. You can expect a period within the next week.