OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I had was intimate with my boyfriend about a month ago we…

Customer Question
Hi my name is***** had...
Hi my name is***** had was intimate with my boyfriend about a month ago we never actually had intercourse but I think he might of had precum on his fingers and touched my vagina but about two and a half weeks later I got my period on time, is there anyway I could be pregnant? I don't have any pregnancy symptoms
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/21/2015
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. D. Love, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Hello from JustAnswer.
No, there would be no chance that you could be pregnant in this situation. Even if there were ejaculate fluid containing large numbers of sperm on the finger, it would not cause a pregnancy for him to have digitally contacted the vagina. The sperm would need to be placed on the cervical mucus to be able to enter the genital tract and cause a pregnancy. The sperm cannot swim along the vagina to the cervix to cause a pregnancy. So, there is no reason for you to be concerned about this encounter.
The fact that you also had your next period is also reassuring, but even if you had posted this question the day after the incident, the above statement would still have been true.
If I can provide any further information, please let me know.
Dr. D. Love, Doctor