Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I am 38 years old and had a complete hysterectomy 5 years

Customer Question

I am 38 years old and had a complete hysterectomy 5 years ago because of endometriosis. Three years ago it came back and they said it was because my body was still producing estrogen. They removed the endo and I was fine until a couple of weeks ago. I
know have excruciating pain in my left lower abdomen,my back,and my hip. I also have had diarrhea and constipation. I went to my gyn and he totally dimisses that I might have to endo again. I had already had an abdominal CT scan and everything looked fine.
The doctor checked my hormone levels and said they were fine and the wants me to have a colonoscopy which I am having on Wednesday. I just had one three years ago and,a polyp was removed so I don't think it has anything to do with my colon. Please help!
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 2 years ago.
Were your ovaries removed at the time of the hysterectomy?
If so, what does your doctor mean saying that your hormone levels are "fine". Does that mean that your estrogen level is very low (which it should be with no ovaries) or normal? Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The ovaries were removed. I had labs drawn to check my hormone levels when I told him that I thought the endo was back.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
All my tests came back normal
Sorry. I just noticed that you've had 6 positive ratings out of 21 questions answered. Since you are so unlikely to give me a positive rating, I will opt out.