Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology)
1725470

I am 55 years old. No period for 2 years. I have lower

Customer Question

I am 55 years old. No period for 2 years. I have lower abdominal discomfort. Pain when pressing on it. No other symptoms. Was on an antibiotic 2 weeks ago for 10 days. Then loose bowels for few days. I have very bad nerves. Any idea what this could be
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar replied 2 years ago.
Pain while pressing on the abdomen, especially lower abdomen, is a sign of inflammation of the intestines. Possibly, the inflammation occurred when you had the diarrhea and has lingered on.
Another cause could be gas in the abdomen - antibiotics can cause production of excessive gas in the abdomen due to indigestion.
In most cases, the symptoms decreases spontaneously.
Please take a bland easily digestible diet and drink plenty of fluids for at least 2 days. You can also take antacids like Tums. If the pain continues after 2 days, please see a doctor.