Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I just got exposed to Lysol on the skin around my area for

Customer Question

Hi Doc, I just got exposed to Lysol on the skin around my tommy area for over 2 hrs, I am 6 months pregnant now
What do you think about safety of the baby, I am worried cos I felt multiple kicks after that
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Kala replied 2 years ago.

Hi! It is my pleasure to help you get your questions answered. I know you must be anxious afte this exposure but a few questions:

1. How late of area was exposure? 2. Is the skin red or irritated?

Typically this kind of R pursuer is more detrimental to the mother. There probably will it be exposure to the baby unless a very large area was affected.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i laid next to Lysol drenched Mattress and my entire back and side stomach was covered for like 2 hrs, I felt /burning sensation, but no significant redness, that woke me up and realized there were Lysol wipes and water drenched in the matrass, I think the cleaning service that came in last night washed the mattress cos a 6 year old peed on in and we usually ask them to use Lysol chemicals and wipes after cleaning the mattress.
I still feel some burning sensation on my tummy hrs later.
It may be that I'm just panicking but I felt the kicks increased since this happened.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I just need advice on what to do and the chances of this affecting the baby?
Expert:  Dr. Kala replied 2 years ago.

Given the exposure was with Lysol wipes,the concentration is not enough for you to have absorbed it and it gotten I to your system and thus affect the baby. So from your information the risks to the baby are minimal.

Monitor the baby's activity over the next 24 hours. As long as there has not been any decrease in the usual activity you can be assured your baby is doing well. In the meantime keep yourself well hydrated, as dehydration can affect the baby more.

Let me know if you have any further questions