Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I am 44 years old and scare that I might have Ovarian

Customer Question

Hi, I am 44 years old and scare that I might have Ovarian Cancer. I have extended stomach like I'm nine months pregnant for about 2 weeks, my bowel movements have changed. My back aches...etc
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome to the site. My name is***** hope I'm able to provide some helpful medical information for you today.
I'm sorry that you're feeling worried.
It's best to have an in person evaluation. At age 44 there are much more likely reasons for a large mass and these symptoms. The most common would be a large non-cancerous fibroid tumor.
An Ob-Gyne would be the best doctor to evaluate this. They would start with a history, exam and ultrasound imaging. Most likely that would be enough to tell what is going on.
Please let me know if I can clarify anything. I hope all goes well.