OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I am a 32 year old Indian female. Who hasn't had sex for 3…

Customer Question
Hi. I am a 32...
Hi. I am a 32 year old Indian female. Who hasn't had sex for 3 years now. It just happened last year during August 2014 when I stood up from my chair at work place and my vagina farted. Since then every time I stand up from chair I get that feeling of vagina farting and my vagina farts passing a loud noise. I also have white discharge in my underwear mostly though it is not my main concern since I can control that in public places but I cannot control vagina farting or even making gentle noises while standing or walking. I am highly embarrassed and do not know how to handle this . Please help how to stop this condition.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: OB GYN
6/18/2015
OB GYN Doctor: Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor replied 3 years ago
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
DO you have any children? if so, when did you have the last childbirth?
Do you have regular periods?
Do you have incontinence - leakage or urine when you laugh or sneeze?
Hi. I do not have any children. I don't experience any incontinence of leaking of urine when I sneeze or laugh but at times when I sneeze or laugh I do feel pressure in my lower abdomen on the right side and do feel the pressure of air trying to pass from my asshole.
I do have regular periods with the interval of two to three days or at times one week delay.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. C., Board Certified replied 3 years ago
Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified

These kind of symptoms are sometimes present when the muscles of the pelvic floor are weak or loose. That is why Dr. Mazumdar was asking about childbirth and leakage of urine. Some women can have weak pelvic floor muscles even without having given birth. But with the pressure that you feel, I wonder if there is a cyst on the ovary or something else that is pressing on the pelvic structures. It would be helpful to have an exam to check for the strength of the pelvic floor muscles and assess for masses. Sometimes it's helpful to have a pelvic ultrasound to look for cysts or tumors of the uterus that may be causing the pressing sensation. If there are no cysts or masses, it could be helpful to work on strengthening the core muscles of the spine, abdomen and of the pelvic floor. Yoga and Pilates are particularly helpful forms of exercise for this. It also can be helpful to see a physical therapist who specializes in pelvic floor weakness. They are usually females and work with many women on various pelvic floor issues including weakness, vagina flatus, incontinence and various pain issues.

I hope this has been helpful. Please reply if I can clarify anything or add more details. I want to be sure you have the most helpful information for your situation.

Any other questions for now? I want to be sure you have the most helpful information for your situation? Was this helpful?
Please reply if I can add any more details.
Please leave a rating for my service if done. I aim for excellent and appreciate your feedback. Thanks and good luck!