How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.M.D.Mazumdar Your Own Question
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 9033
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology)
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have black spots on my vagina. I am worried about mucosal

Customer Question

I have black spots on my vagina. I am worried about mucosal melonoma
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar replied 2 years ago.
Can you give me more details please?
How many spots do you have and since when?
Where do you have the spots - inside the vagina, on the labia majora, minora etc?
Have they enlarged in size since you first saw them?
Are they painful?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My apologies I thought I added pictures. I have about 5-6 and I noticed them three weeks ago. At first I thought they were razor bumps or ingrown hairs; however, after giving it a closer look it does not appear to be from ingrown hairs. I have no pain nor do I have itching. I am 37 y/o. Attached are pictures.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They have not enlarged. And they are on the vulva
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry sent before completed. I have one on the
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Labial majora
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar replied 2 years ago.
From the pictures, the black spots could be one of two things - they could be angiokeratomas. These are benign overgrowth of surface blood vessels. They may bleed when scratched or touched. in many cases, they clear up spontaneously but may need to be incised if they bleed.
The black spots may also be due to melanomas. These are malignant cancers and need to be treated as early as possible.
Your doctor will need to do a biopsy of the growth for an accurate diagnosis