OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have black spots on my vagina. I am worried about mucosal…

Customer Question
I have black spots on...
I have black spots on my vagina. I am worried about mucosal melonoma
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/16/2015
OB GYN Doctor: Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Can you give me more details please?
How many spots do you have and since when?
Where do you have the spots - inside the vagina, on the labia majora, minora etc?
Have they enlarged in size since you first saw them?
Are they painful?
My apologies I thought I added pictures. I have about 5-6 and I noticed them three weeks ago. At first I thought they were razor bumps or ingrown hairs; however, after giving it a closer look it does not appear to be from ingrown hairs. I have no pain nor do I have itching. I am 37 y/o. Attached are pictures.
They have not enlarged. And they are on the vulva
Sorry sent before completed. I have one on the
Labial majora
From the pictures, the black spots could be one of two things - they could be angiokeratomas. These are benign overgrowth of surface blood vessels. They may bleed when scratched or touched. in many cases, they clear up spontaneously but may need to be incised if they bleed.
The black spots may also be due to melanomas. These are malignant cancers and need to be treated as early as possible.
Your doctor will need to do a biopsy of the growth for an accurate diagnosis
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor